Monday, November 8, 2010

Legonia, Warcraft, and other things

In the Legonia Project...
It's official, I have to start over.  Unfortunately, the current version of Fractal Terrains doesn't support river design properly, but the people at ProFantasy were kind enough to hand me the beta for the next version to fix the issue.

The down side is due to the changes in the system my world is a bit broken when transferred.  Honestly I wasn't that happy with the original design anyway, so I've done the initial starts on the new world.  So far I'm much happier with the new results.  So although I've gotten a minor setback I think it was for the best.

In the World of Warcraft...
My wife and I decided to x-fer our toons back to our old server since we have so many friends there and supporting alts that staying with my real life friends on their server was painful.  Also their guild was a "super guild" supporting over 300 characters (and only a few alts), but only doing two 25 man groups.

There were also some server/battlegroup issues such as: no PvP on the server due to a lack of Alliance participation, 15 min queue to lose battlegrounds, similarly horrific heroic queue (addmittedly this is likely because I'm DPS).

Meanwhile, I'm trying to get some things finished before the next expansion.  The tiger mount is likely a bust, but I might be able to finish Seeker and Loremaster.

Also, I found my missing DPS for my rogue.  I think I was misunderstanding the new AEP weights, but now with my new gems and my reforged gear I hit 17k single target DPS on the Saurfang fight, before I had to back down about 5k due to aggro concerns.  Doing that kind of damage on one target has it's disadvantages, as seen in the Deathwhisper fight where I died by hitting an abomination too hard.

In other news...
I'm avoiding the bad two topics right now , but there is a few things upsetting me and I may create another blog to keep those rants in a warning blog.  We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment