Monday, April 25, 2011

WoW and Rift


Due to a long absence from WoW, I have decided that... well, I'm bored of it.  So, my short break became an extended one, then I sort of quit.

I'm not sure if it was the boring gear grind, the time required to do a dungeon, the boredom of the same PvP, or the fact that the new expansion seemed a bit lack luster in the end.  Hell, it could even be the fun I was having with my daughter that was better, then circling a zone over and over for ore.



So, I was sans game for weeks, but then there's Rift...


Many of my friends had been moving to Rift and most were saying good things.  Then my wife got interested.

So, now I'm playing Rift.  I figure either I'll get to max level and see the game for a wreak and sign off MMO's forever, or it will be good.

So far I've only seen the first zone and I have to say the art is fantastic.  After years of WoW's very cartoony art it is a refreshing change.

The Public Quests from Warhammer makes a return in the form of Rift Events.  This adds some randomness to the concept that was sorely lacking in WAR that I can only look at and enjoy.  It also breaks up the travel from location to location.

So, it's rather enjoyable so far, but the real test will be to come and only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment